PDA

View Full Version : Spray in liner with 5th wheel rails

sturgeon-phish
08-10-2003, 14:23
Going to be going with a spray in liner soon and trying to decide under/over rail and posts have me thinking over the rail. I'm wondering how would be best to do my 5th wheel rails. Take them off, spray and replace, mask and spray, spray the whole thing except where the tabs and pins go or ???
Thanks

LanduytG
08-10-2003, 15:34
Jim
Mine was sprayed with the bars in but only because I could not get the bolts out. If I would of had a torch I would of cut the bolts and taken them out.

Greg

ropinfool
08-10-2003, 18:57
Discuss this with the company who will be doing the work. I dealt with Line-x on the wholesale level, would take a truck in with the 5th wheel or gooseneck hitch that I just installed, they would either remove the rails and spray or they would mask them off depending on what I wanted done. Most times I would have them removed. When the truck came back I would just check the torque on the bolts and deliver it to my customer. And just in case you're wondering I prefer Rhino lining, it's more rubbery, things don't slide around as much but it tends to fade out after a year or so if you are in a hot and sunny area. My 2 cents. JOhn