PDA

View Full Version : no vac. after sol. bank

advanracing62
08-10-2003, 22:25
I went out and got new EGR solinoids, during install I noticed that there was vac. to the bank, but after it went into the first sol. there was nothing. I have a CEL and it's been on for quite some time now... most of you may remember TS this truck not too long ago. I triple checked the vac. lines and have found them to be good.. any thoughts?

charliepeterson
08-11-2003, 22:05
The EGR solenoids are the two nearest the fire wall. The other one is for the Waste Gate at the Turbo. Locate the rod on the Waste Gate at the Turbo. With the truck off you can move the rod, not so after it starts up.
You should have vacuum at the EGR valve with the truck running. The first thing to do though is pull the codes and then we can help with the cause. Personally I would put the EGR circut in "Test" mode by installing a plug in the vacuum line. This is for off road testing, LOL?

advanracing62
08-12-2003, 09:41
the wastegate arm will move freely if the truck is on or off. There is no vac to the EGR but there is vac coming through the lines from the pump to the bank.

charliepeterson
08-12-2003, 12:05
Do you know how much vacuum? The pump will put out around 20". After the vacuum comes to the solenoid bank it travels through a series of jumper lines.