PDA

View Full Version : Ok, now what? Dmax intake arrived.

Randee of the Redwoods
08-11-2003, 08:39
Thanks to a very nice gentleman I found on this site, I finally have a full Dmax intake setup. I heard rumors that you can adapt this to the 6.5td for the superior filter sealing in the filter box. But I haven't yet seen any sort of tech tip on the work involved. What direction should I go in to get the box to work or is this something I'll have to figure out myself(knowing it WILL work, I'll have to figure out HOW)?
I have the box, with filter, the main intake duct, and that crummy resonator. I see I'll have to plug some holes. It also looks that I'll have to aim the box opening toward the fender for air, but the duct outlet won't line up with the turbo inlet. Hmmm....
Let's see if anyone responds to this one.

Dvldog 8793
08-11-2003, 14:34
Howdy
I'm not sure about the Dmax stuff. I am in the process of relocating pass side battery and then I'm either gonna fab a air box or use one from who-knows-what. My goals are better filtration and a more straight-line shot for the air. I intend to post when I'm all done. (might be days, might be years! :D ) Anyway, I would think you could try the same thing. I'm just going to switch the battery and the airbox possitions. I live next to junk yard so finding the duct work shouldn't be to hard. Hope this helps
L8r
Conley

JoeyD
08-11-2003, 19:23
I though the 96 and up had the good air box. I was running a K&N filter on my truck and I must say the way the filter mounts is the best I have seen. It uses a radiator clamp for a air tight seal. I run the Amsoil filter now and don't care for the way it mounts or lack of mounting I should say.