PDA

View Full Version : Eng going into Limp? HELP

firedreamer
11-27-2018, 16:30
So, folks I need some help, we have a 2005 Silverado 3500 DRW LB 4x4 with the LLY Eng. We are full time RVers and have had no problems the last 2 yrs. towing a 15,000# worth of 5th wheel. Well I have had the truck go into what I think is the

JohnC
11-27-2018, 18:55
I think you're going to have to give us a little more information before we can be of much help.

CoyleJR
11-28-2018, 11:51
Newbie,

Your truck looks very much like my 2006 D/A Silverado (that is good). The first thing I would suggest is to grab the fuel filter and try to tighten it. Both my LLY, RV and my LBZ Silverado have gone into limp mode because they suddenly decided to suck air at the fuel filter. A little twist to tighten the fuel filter and water drain fixed both vehicles. If that isn't the problem you need to post your truck's fault codes so it can be diagnosed by DP members. if you don't have a scanner to retrieve the codes go to an auto parts store and they will usually retrieve the codes for you.

Good luck
John

JohnC
12-01-2018, 11:22
Weird...

This guy has three posts total, all thread starters, all questions (if you call this one a question), and no response from him after.