PDA

View Full Version : 6.5 T/D motor mounts and brackets

Aftermath
12-22-2018, 13:32
Does anyone have specific pictures / instructions of these? There are also spacers that goes behind the brackets that mount to the block? I'm trying to get a new engine in my 95 dually and can't remember how they go / configuration of which side is which.

Thanks in advance

sctrailrider
12-22-2018, 16:14
No pics handy but the spacers go against the block with the offset hole toward the rear bottom me thinks, that's for a bellhousing brace bar me thinks...

Robyn
12-22-2018, 18:19
Yes..
The flat plates go as described by SC TRAIL.

If you have a 4x4 do use the bell housing support bars.

Aftermath
12-22-2018, 22:59
So I'm glad I asked, because I have a 2wd and dont remember any bell housing support bars. Do I need them and what do they look like?

Thanks yall

sctrailrider
12-23-2018, 05:44
You need the plates for sure to space the mounts correctly, the bars are about 12" or so long, tubing that is flattened on both sides with bolt holes for mounting... are they needed, well I'm not sure but couldn't hurt..

DmaxMaverick
12-23-2018, 07:34
As said, it couldn't hurt, but not necessarily required for 2wd. The reason for them, the transfer case support, and the upgraded "K" case for the 700R4 and 4L60 tranny is compounded Diesel torque (4-Low). It breaks stuff.

More Power
12-23-2018, 08:53
You could mock up the assembly of the trans & engine (even if not bolted together), then match the support bars to the engine mounting plates.

I'll be doing all this in the months ahead, and have pondered the same questions. Shouldn't be too hard to get it right after laying all of the parts out and checking for fit.