PDA

View Full Version : gauge changes after head replacement

ff43sc
02-11-2005, 19:03
I recently overheated, replaced thermostat and had both head replaced with new ones after coolant was being forced out of reservoir. R head was cracked on 2 cylinders.(205`000 miles original injectors...since replaced. ) Before the repairs, Oil pressure was always around 40 psi idling and towards 60psi running down the road. Now pressure is 20psi idling and max of 40 running down the road. Last fall I replaced the oil pressure switch and installed the relay recommended on this site. Also water temp usually never went over 190 on gauge unless pulling heavy load(uphill) now sits around 210 on gauge consistently. I connected my actron scanner and it shows that IAT goes to 200 and usually doesn't go above that, seems to drop with gauge...but again now shows higher temps. does this sound like a ground problem? I've seen in other posts that the factory gauges aren't extremely accurate...I wondered if sending units need replaced but find it odd that both readings would change after the repair... could the thermostat(195) have changed and now functioning at 200+ ? thanks. Worth changing thermostat or sensor or???