PDA

View Full Version : leak after cp3 instal

johndoeLB7
11-03-2019, 15:59
Im new here so i dont quit know how this works but i need help. ive just replaced my cp3 pump on my 02 lb7 and ive got a leak but ony seema to be leaking while driving. when idling i cant see anything. I have pulled it back down and replaced all hoses cleaned and put back together but still can not determine where the leak is comming from. any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

silver89
12-28-2019, 14:01
Just curious are you getting a check engine light if so what code are you getting?

rapidoxidationman
12-28-2019, 15:49
With the proper scan tool I think you should be able to command a high pressure from the pump at idle. Then you should be able to see where the leak is coming from and plan accordingly. Wear a face shield; atomized diesel probably stings the eyes.

Kennedy
12-29-2019, 08:17
First place to look is the last place you were messing. Go back and recheck all of your connections. If that all checks out I would call to question the source of the CP3. There are a lot of sub standard remans out there. We've chosen to do only brand new. The CP3 seldom if ever fails, but when we replace onbe we want to do the job once.

I'm curious to see what you find. I had one a few ears back where brand new CP3. Customer said it leaked. Sent in tested fine no leaks on test stand at any pressure range. Back on truck leaks again. I don't recall that O ever heard the outcome with that one.