PDA

View Full Version : Check Engine Codes: 17,18,35 & 36

Stan Shaw
09-18-2004, 03:42
My '95 K2500 6.5TD Suburban has been showing the check engine light off and on, so I checked the engine codes using the paper clip method, and found codes 17, 18, 35 & 36 were stored.

I looked them up in the Chilton's manual, so have an explanation as to what they mean. However I don't find any information on what to do to resolve these issues. Any help would be appreciated:

17 High Resolution Circuit Fault
18 Pump Cam Reference Pulse Error
35 Injection Pulse Width Error (Respones Time Short)
36 Injection Pulse Width Error (Response Time Long)

Thanks,
Stan

ttpost
09-18-2004, 12:59
chiltons area joke, try alldata.com, it is 25.00 a year and it is great. it has flow charts for every code to solve your problems. you wont go wrong it has saved me thousands of dollars in repairs. good luck

More Power
09-18-2004, 14:58
Have a look at the following member tech page for more related info.

http://www.thedieselpage.com/members/tt99-9.htm

MP

Stan Shaw
09-19-2004, 04:31
I am logged in (my id is shown) yet to go to that page, I am prompted for a userid and password. I enter my ID and password, and get reprompted.

I am member. I paid and received confirmation, but it seems everytime I try and access something I go through this..... I don't think it is a user error, as I have been in IT for over 25 years, and operate/own an ISP...

john8662
09-19-2004, 11:06
The BB forum user name and password are different from TDP passwords. Look at the email that you got when you signed up for TDP. it'll have the login, usually a month/year user name then your password.

Stan Shaw
09-19-2004, 13:07
Thanks, but there is only one ID in the email, and it is what I use to get in this forum. If there is a second ID, then I don't have it.

john8662
09-19-2004, 19:03
You can email the site operator, probably get a fast responce the next day. I just know that I have always gotten my user name and password for TDP materials when I renew via email. same here on the IT experience.

moondoggie
09-20-2004, 08:25
Good Day!

For a long, boring read, try DTC 35 - Help! (http://forum.thedieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=004386#000000) (Click in colored text.) DTC 35 & 36 are closely related, so it may be worth a look-see.

I hope you have the success I did, whatever your problem turns out to be.

Blessings!

Brian Johnson, #5044

More Power
09-20-2004, 10:06
Stan & I worked it out.... He had forgotten that there are two TDP servers located 2400 miles apart.

In most cases where members have trouble deciphering the two code sets, I am able to make his BB code set work for both areas of the web site if there are no blank spaces in the forum login name. For example, MorePower could work for accessing the content, but not More Power.

As a web admin, I've got at least a dozen different user names and passwords that I use when accessing our two ISP's for TDP admin, email, FTP, BB Forum, etc. - all complex and all are different. I also have more codes for accessing a variety of media web sites, along with Ebay, PayPal, etc..... I agree all this can be daunting....

MP