PDA

View Full Version : TPS

windjammer
08-14-2003, 09:02
Two years ago I replaced the TPS on my 93 to solve a hard shift problem. The hard shift is back. How do I check the TPS to determine if it is causing the problem?
thanks,

Scott D
08-14-2003, 10:04
2 - 3 years ago I was also having a hard shifting situation on my '93; I adjusted the TPS and the shifting has been fine since then. It seems that the bolt loosened up a bit and the TPS ended up moving all the way to one side. I just moved it a little bit and tightened it and luckily it worked. Someone will probably be able to tell you exactly how to check it, but I think that you could just do the trial and error method to check it.

More Power
08-14-2003, 14:03
When measuring between the blue and black wire (drive a straight pin through each wire).

The 1991-1993 4L80-E TPS operates with voltages ranging from 0.5-0.75 volts at idle to 4.2-4.5 volts at full-pedal. These voltages are fine-tuned by adjusting the TPS position on the DB2 to produce the required shift qualities.

When transitioning from idle to full-pedal, the output voltage should be smooth and linear. If you see flakey areas in the transition (voltages jump around) or if you see dead spots, you'll need a new TPS.

Do this with the ignition key ON, but engine off.

MP

windjammer
08-14-2003, 15:02
Thanks, I appreciate it.
Danny