PDA

View Full Version : Service air bag notice..

spongebob
01-24-2020, 16:26
What’s up with this?? It’s in my dash..

DmaxMaverick
01-24-2020, 20:39
Usually a poor connection, somewhere, but check the fuses first. If it isn't that simple, pull the BCM codes and it will tell you which circuit. If you driven off road (or on a really bad road), debris can dislodge a sensor on the frame. They're fairly well protected, but I've pulled twigs and rocks from stranger places. All the SRS connectors and components are yellow, or significantly yellow.

jbplock
01-25-2020, 05:33
Several years ago, I was getting the "Service Air Bag" message and the steering wheel control buttons for the Radio also weren't working. Replacing the steering wheel "Clock Spring" wire harness resolved the issue. My understanding is that SIR (Sudden Impact Restraint) system diagnostic checks connections to the Air Bags one of which is in the steering wheel.

rapidoxidationman
02-03-2020, 12:48
Spongebob, did you find a resolution to the issue? Oddly enough, my DIC started telling me to service airbag system last week...

spongebob
02-23-2020, 21:28
I cleared the code, and never got around to finding out which sensor it was..code hasn’t resurfaced.....yet

rapidoxidationman
02-24-2020, 07:16
I pulled the code that pointed me to a front sensor error. Cleared it and it came right back. Removing the sensor (pull the splash guard and it is mounted on the bottom of the radiator) showed plenty of corrosion in the mounting hole, so I replaced the sensor ($150 for the Dorman version, $250 for the GM). Plugged it in, good to go.