PDA

View Full Version : LBZ EGR CLean PO-403

TJNE
03-03-2020, 06:26
I'm pretty sure I'm not the first to ask this, and YES, I have searched for the forums for other posts for this question and haven't found what I'm looking for. What is the best way to clean the EGR? Chemicals, cleaners, manual scraping ect....? I don't have the $$ for a delete so please hold those suggestions, I've already explored that option. If there is another post please let me know.

TJNE
03-06-2020, 06:11
Other than deleting no one has any advice/info/tips?

DmaxMaverick
03-06-2020, 06:41
Chemicals, cleaners, manual scraping ect....? Yes, but minimally as necessary. Begin with manual on the bulk of it with a soft scraper and/or brush (brass, aluminum, plastic), then non-chlorinated brake cleaner. A kerosene soak can help break through stubborn soot. Don't use any caustic cleaners (Simple Green, etc.), which can etch the metal and erode the valve seat.

Kennedy
03-13-2020, 08:19
First thing is stop adding to it. You may or may not have significant buildup. Most don't have enough to affect performance, but if you keep adding it will build back up again. Diablo doesn't do much at all to help this in fact probably makes it worse by adding fuel without adding boost or altering timing in most cases.

Clean up is very difficult. Might find a shop that has a good engine parts cleaning equipment (hot water) and see what they say. Manual scraping will be involved.