PDA

View Full Version : methyl hydrate

hump
05-22-2004, 10:55
Am I correct to assume emulsifying water in fuel will get it out of the system entirely. Will emulsified water harm the injection system? The other route seems to be to disperse it, causing it to "clump" together and settle out. Does it then accumulate in the tank, or will the filter eventually catch it and inform you with the WIF light, allowing it to be bled off. Just looking for options to deal with water.

CareyWeber
05-22-2004, 10:58
I think a pre-lift pump filter is the best way.

Carey

CleviteKid
05-22-2004, 12:34
I think what Carey means is to go the separation route, not the emulsification route. GM specifically warns AGAINST using emulsifying agents in the fuel.

With a Racor type pre-filter before the lift pump, it is relatively easy to check for and drain any water. The Racor also has an Aqua-Block element that coalesces the water for easy collection, while letting the fuel thru.

Dr. Lee :cool:

CareyWeber
05-22-2004, 14:20
Originally posted by CleviteKid:
I think what Carey means is to go the separation route, not the emulsification route. GM specifically warns AGAINST using emulsifying agents in the fuel.

With a Racor type pre-filter before the lift pump, it is relatively easy to check for and drain any water. The Racor also has an Aqua-Block element that coalesces the water for easy collection, while letting the fuel thru.

Dr. Lee :cool: Yes thats what I meant just wasn't sure of all the exact words, and DOC can say it so eloquently! :D :D :D :D

Carey smile.gif