PDA

View Full Version : Not getting fuel to my injectors my 6.5l k3500

KAVEZON
06-19-2020, 16:58
Hi guys,

I just replaced my injection pump on my truck and I have fuel going in but nothing going in to my injectors so my truck wont strat any clues to look in to

Robyn
06-19-2020, 17:21
Welcome to TDP

After changing the IP you will have an AIR lock in all the injector lines.

Make sure the lift pump is working and fuel is delivered to the fuel filter and the IP

Remove the glow plugs and spin the engine.

Rotating the engine with the glow plugs out will allow fuel to purge the injector lines easily.

Usually a session of about 15-30 seconds of spinning the engine with the plugs out will get fuel blowing out the glow plug holes.

Once there is fuel blowing out the holes...install the plugs and start as normal..

KAVEZON
06-20-2020, 07:18
Welcome to TDP

After changing the IP you will have an AIR lock in all the injector lines.

Make sure the lift pump is working and fuel is delivered to the fuel filter and the IP

Remove the glow plugs and spin the engine.

Rotating the engine with the glow plugs out will allow fuel to purge the injector lines easily.

Usually a session of about 15-30 seconds of spinning the engine with the plugs out will get fuel blowing out the glow plug holes.

Once there is fuel blowing out the holes...install the plugs and start as normal..

I did as you told me to Robyn but yet no fuel is there something else I need to do or am I just no doing it right

Yukon6.2
06-20-2020, 08:30
Does the shutoff solenoid make a clicking noise when the power wire is removed and replaced with the key in the run position?

JohnC
06-20-2020, 08:40
Shutoff solenoid, and crank at full throttle to make things go a little faster.

Robyn
06-20-2020, 15:02
Does the lift pump run while cranking ????

A bad lift pump will foul things up.....
What year is the truck ????

KAVEZON
06-20-2020, 16:56
It's a 94 chevy k3500 6.5l turbo diesel. The injection pump is an electrical one and from the people that rebuilt mine say my pump was one of the harder ones to come buy some other guy told me to check my connections but everything is connected has power and fuel pressure.

Robyn
06-20-2020, 17:27
If you have fuel pressure to the IP then cranking the engine with the glow plugs out should see fuel come through.

As long as the fuel shut off is clicking when the key is turned on it should work.

Why was your original pump replaced ?????

Did the new IP come with a PMD ?????

Is the PMD remote mounted ????

KAVEZON
06-22-2020, 11:18
It's the same pump it was just re built

Yukon6.2
06-23-2020, 10:09
Does the shutoff solenoid click when you remove the power wire with the key on?