PDA

View Full Version : Help me Identify Part Name

scabbybooger
08-04-2020, 13:10
Will someone please help me identify the name of the coolant hose in the attached image.

The hose comes off the Thermostat Housing and connects to the bulkhead. I know it is a coolant hose because I have a leak in it and coolant is coming out. There is a leak where the hose connects to the Thermostat Housing.

I doubt I am able to replace the threaded connector that connects it to the Thermostat Housing, so I assume I have to replace the entire hose.

Can the connector be replaced or do I need to replace the entire hose?

What is the name of the hose so I can purchase the correct part?

Thank you.

spongebob
08-04-2020, 15:08
See if you can find it in here:

https://nemigaparts.com/cat_spares/epc/chevrolet/53c-c/00/tc00-104/

scabbybooger
08-04-2020, 16:45
Sorry for lame post without engine details

1996 6.5 Diesel, no modifications

scabbybooger
08-04-2020, 17:12
ANSWER: HVAC Heater Hose and the connector is called the Heater Hose Connector

HVAC Heater Hose: AC Delco Part # 15998368

Heater Hose Connector Part # 88891735 at 1A Auto

DmaxMaverick
08-04-2020, 17:49
It's a common part that can be found at any chain parts store for cheap, usually in stock. Do yourself a favor and replace it with a brass or stainless barbed nipple and hose clamps. The OEM "Quick Connect" part is convenient only during assembly. Not much use for them after that.

scabbybooger
08-04-2020, 21:57
Thank you SpongeBob for pointing me in the right direction.
And DmaxMaverick for great advice

DmaxMaverick
08-04-2020, 23:36
Case in point...
Just tonight, I helped my son replace the water outlet on his 2016 Cruze 1.4T (original has a crack, but at 62K, no biggie). The replacement part included a hose nipple for the air bleed line. The original looked just fine, so we reused it instead of replacing it with the included part. Job complete, and all's well. Well, except the original quick connect bleed line connection. It's seeping a bit of coolant. We'll replace the nipple this weekend.