PDA

View Full Version : Loss of all electrical power

corbah95⁶.⁵
08-09-2020, 13:25
hello everybody.
I'm new to this forum although I've read plenty of post in here. So lastnight I went to start my 95 k2500 6.5 after turning off to run inside. Left the lights on. Well when I turned ignition over all lights and power cut completely off. I checked all fuzes. All grounds. Battery terminals. Hooked up to jump it and still had no power not even to headlights. Before I send it to a shop could anybody have input on possible relay or master fuze other than the ones under the hood. Thanks in advance.

DmaxMaverick
08-09-2020, 14:34
Welcome aboard!

Check the accessory power fusible links. If your Batt+ cables have an extra (smaller) wire connected to the terminal, chase that/them. Also chase the smaller wire connected to the large starter lug (not the Batt+ cable), which is usually the wire that powers the headlamps and main accessories (like the ignition switch). Also make sure that wire, as well as the Batt+ cable is not breaking contact at the lug (remove, clean, replace --actually check this first). The fusible links will be a fat area molded around the wire an inch or two long, and will usually be blistered and/or crispy when they burn. If they've burned before, they may have been spliced (bad), or replaced with a fuse (often an inline 80-100A Maxi-fuse, which is not a bad repair).

JohnC
08-15-2020, 05:41
Try recharging and testing the batteries. Jumping can introduce as many issues as it resolves.