PDA

View Full Version : ABS - Code 37

moose1
09-02-2020, 21:56
Looking for information. When my 6.5 turbo 1995s ABS light comes on the transition slips between 20-40 km/HR. Above and below its ok. When the light is not on its fine. If I leave it off for an hour the light does not come on and it runs fine for a while till the light comes back on.

Any advice would be appreciated.

DmaxMaverick
09-02-2020, 23:32
DTC 37 = Brake switch stuck ON

In all likelihood, your tranny isn't "slipping", but the TCC (Torque Converter Control) is unlocking the TC. The RPMs increase, but it remains engaged. You can replicate the condition any time the converter is locked by applying light pressure to the brake pedal. The converter should unlock and RPMs should increase with power applied (two feet, one with constant throttle, while applying slight brake pedal). The DTC may be accurate, and the brake switch is not working like it should.

Robyn
09-03-2020, 12:12
I agree with Maverick.

IIRC this is a multi function switch....

Replace that switch and life should be good.

Another thing you can do is lift the pedal and see if the issue resolves.

Likely just a worn out switch.....

moose1
09-03-2020, 19:22
Thanks very much guys. When I apply the brake slightly while having pressure on the fuel peddle the RPM do go up. Googled the brake switch. Now for the IIRC! ;)

moose1
09-03-2020, 19:36
I should have asked how to check the brake switch. After getting home now the truck runs great and I can't reproduce the problem. Thx

a5150nut
09-04-2020, 05:12
If
I
Recall
Correctly

Part number not available!

Brake switch is inexpensive just change it