PDA

View Full Version : Can’t imagine going 600k on a oil change

spongebob
12-01-2020, 16:48
I have over 400,000 miles on my stock truck change the oil every 10,000 miles

60k not 600k

JohnC
12-01-2020, 19:14
I think you have to install the oil filter adapter that uses a roll of toilet paper to get the full 60K out of it....

DmaxMaverick
12-01-2020, 20:12
60K (or 600 hours, whichever is less) is a maximum limit, dependent on following their product recommendations (filter changes, sample testing), for heavy duty use. Light truck use is limited to 25K, which may be reasonable, if their recommendations are followed. I know of more than one light/medium truck fleet that NEVER changes the oil, and just changes filters and adds oil to maintain the level. Their trucks don't fail at a higher rate than those who don't do that, regardless of the vehicle brand. Trucks are auctioned off at 100-200K miles. Savings probably in the millions over a vehicle life period (collectively), and likely a huge positive environmental impact.

More Power
12-07-2020, 11:06
Trucks are auctioned off at 100-200K miles. Savings probably in the millions over a vehicle life period (collectively), and likely a huge positive environmental impact.

I talked to a guy some years ago who leased cars/trucks for many-many years. He said he always returned them when the lease was up, and he never serviced them while in his possession (except, I suppose to check fluid levels). :(