PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes you gotta love GM warranty

markrinker
09-21-2004, 07:00
Dropped off truck #3 at my local GM dealership. Was having intermittant starting problems, like a solenoid issue. Also had a 'snap' occasionally at the driveshaft.

Got it back today with two new u-joints, slip yoke, starter, window regulator (their discovery, it was noisy due to corrosion) and new tranny cooler lines, all installed for a total of $230 that was my responsibility.

All covered under corrosion warranty, even though it was obvious that the truck was used for plowing and I disclosed it had been used to spread salt.

WOO-Hoo!

Keith Richards
09-21-2004, 16:41
Thats good news Mark.I'm glad to hear your having good luck,because I read one of your posts a few months back and it sounded like you got somewhat of a bum deal on your trucks.Alot of problems as I recall.It sounds like your getting things straight.Good luck.

markrinker
09-21-2004, 18:52
Yeah, I have pumped alot of money into my two 6.5's, but they have also returned a total of ~80K miles of hard work over the last three years. Plowing and towing heavy loads takes its toll.

#4 will likely be a Duramax next fall, if things go well this winter!

VA_GMC
09-22-2004, 18:11
Is the corrosion warranty a "standard warranty"? My '97 has quite a bit of rust in places - one part that is concerning to me is the rear brake line -- I have peeled layers of rusted metal from the brake line -- it needs to be replaced.