PDA

View Full Version : 1998 Chevy 3500 6.5 injector pump leaking

Truck driver
04-05-2021, 10:52
My 3500 is leaking fuel out the front hole of the injector pump. Is there any way to fix it or do I just need to replace the pump

DmaxMaverick
04-05-2021, 15:32
Welcome aboard!

If fuel is leaking from the weep hole between the mounting flange and the pump, the internal (rear) shaft seal has failed. The seal is replaceable, but requires disassembling the pump. If the pump is 100% otherwise, it would be worthwhile to have the seal replaced by a Stanadyne tech, at a fraction of the cost of an overhaul or reman. Your question may be best answered at a certified Stanadyne shop, by a certified Stanadyne tech. They can begin by testing the pump, to determine whether it's worth messing with.

Truck driver
04-05-2021, 19:07
Welcome aboard!

If fuel is leaking from the weep hole between the mounting flange and the pump, the internal (rear) shaft seal has failed. The seal is replaceable, but requires disassembling the pump. If the pump is 100% otherwise, it would be worthwhile to have the seal replaced by a Stanadyne tech, at a fraction of the cost of an overhaul or reman. Your question may be best answered at a certified Stanadyne shop, by a certified Stanadyne tech. They can begin by testing the pump, to determine whether it's worth messing with.

Thanks for the info. I'll check and see if there's any shops around my area that might be able to test it and replace the seal