PDA

View Full Version : Missing Badly = No Code 12

dmitch
02-12-2005, 13:29
I have a problem under load. The truck misses badly, like its running out of fuel. This is what I have done. New oil pressure swith, new lift pump, new filter. Fuel is clear no sign of water or foriegn matter. Good fuel pressure at the filter bowl drain. I have traced out all grounds with meter and they appear fine. This is happening from 2700 RPM up under hard acceleration.

I just started throwing codes. I just took them out and have 18-Pump Cam Reference Pulse Error. And 35-Injection Pulse Width Error (Time Short).

I did not get a 12-Diagnostics Working as the first code. The 18 and 35 just display in a loop. Should I be looking at the PCM first?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

DmaxMaverick
02-12-2005, 15:42
Sounds like your pump either has electrical connection problems, or is going south. Check/clean the connectors before condemning the pump. Some have had luck just replacing the optical sensor to correct the errors you have. How many miles on your pump?

You will only get the 12 code when there are no other codes. It is only to verify the diagnostics are working, when there is nothing seen wrong. Your code reading sounds correct. No PCM problem I can see from this info.

On edit:
When you do a double post (like you did), delete one of them, it's simple. Just edit (by clicking on the paper/pencil icon above the post) it, and check the "Delete Post?" box at the upper left of the edit page, then click "Edit Post". It'll go away.

dmitch
02-12-2005, 15:55
Thanks DMAX, I will check all connections at the pum. The truck only has 66,000 miles

DmaxMaverick
02-12-2005, 16:18
No appologies necessary, just info for ya. Everybody does it, many don't know how to fix it. You can edit the entire post, icons, content, signature, so you don't have to make a new post to correct the first one. The bulletin boards are a new to everyone at one time, and most of the boards (different sites) operate basically the same.

Welcome to The Diesel Page!

Barry Nave
02-13-2005, 09:38
Hear's my story. I could not get the 35 out until I installed the SOL- D driver. Though it cleard all code that the 35 keep giving the SOL-D faild . Reinstald the old FSD and truck run fine though the code 35 came back. Was sent a new SOL-D and all codes went away. So far it has worked great. Once the new SOL-D is made they will send the new unit. No cost. They paid for me to sent the bad unit back and the new but not refind one is not ready
Your pump is fine,for I had just what your going through.