PDA

View Full Version : Jumped Ship

n3qik
02-12-2005, 17:10
Well I had the my '99 c2500 cc for 5 years now. With the motor warranty up in one year, started to look at another truck. With change of life style I could not justify a Dmax. Found out Jeep offered a diesel in the Liberty. Cheched it out and a 2005 Liberty Limited is now parked in the spot the truck was. Hopefully these Liberties sell good and sent a message to GM and Ford to offer a diesel in other cars and trucks. Learned alot from The Diesel Page and help me serveal times when the truck broke. Now just have to find a good Jeep form. :confused: If you know of any post them here for me. Thanks

99gmccrew
02-12-2005, 17:50
Ken, good luck with the Jeep. I have 99 gmc that I got second hand. I've been wondering exactly what the warranty is on the truck. Thanks
best of luck to you,

Steve

n3qik
02-13-2005, 04:51
Thanks
Motor is 6 year 100K miles, IP is 11 years 120K miles. This is transferable to all owners. If it wasn't for the high cost to rebuiled the 6.5 I would have kept the truck.

javadog
02-13-2005, 04:53
Check out the engine and let us know what you think of it-that VM 4 cylinder may find its way into
several other Jeep lines. I am waiting to see what the production version of the Gladiator turns out
like.

n3qik
02-13-2005, 12:22
So far with only 40 miles on it its great. It wants to run at 2K-3K rpm, so will take some time to get use to. Avg. 18.5 MPG by the trip computer, so thats not to bad.

Dimsdale
02-13-2005, 15:48
I would love to get one of those for my wife, but the state of Massachusetts, and most of the other "bent to the left" states in the Northeast, have adopted California's Diesel unfriendly emission standards.

We won't see one of those, or any VW TDI's, until 2006 at the earliest, with the introduction of the ultra low sulfur Diesel fuel.

Keep us posted on your experiences with the Jeep. Maybe it will inspire GM to put some small ones in their smaller trucks.

Or even the Suburban!!

curmudge1
02-15-2005, 11:23
I've been looking at the diesel Liberty, too. There's some articles and forums on allpar.com.

Hope you have good luck with your Liberty, but I've pretty much decided against the Liberty, for my own reasons, which may not make any difference for *anyone* else:
The Liberty is small compared to my K1500 Blazer
Liberty seems a bit heavy for its size
Since it's smaller and lighter than the Blazer, why doesn't it get better mileage with a diesel? My Blazer with 6.5TD & 3.73 diff gears gets around 20mpg highway if I drive fairly reasonably.
Daimler-Chrysler has hurt its image in my mind with the way it handled the Durango problems... I really enjoyed the news articles before they did the recall: "pregnant mom with 3 kids in Durango flipped/rolled over & she's in the hospital & miraculously didn't lose the baby" followed by DC spokesperson saying "We don't consider this problem to be a safety issue". I'm sure most/all mfrs have a blemish or two on their record, but this is fresh in my mind.

So, I'm looking for the best 1999 2-door Tahoe (gas) I can find. No hurry, since I've only got 249K miles on my diesel Blazer. ;)