PDA

View Full Version : O/d and tow haull indicators?

DIESEL/VETTE
05-09-2023, 13:00
All of the sudden my o/drive and tow haul indicators do not light up on the instrument panel
is there a fuse or what else do i look for. 2003 dura max.

DmaxMaverick
05-09-2023, 17:25
If the T/H and/or others lamps don't light up, but they function, it's probably the IPC (Instrument Panel Cluster). Not an uncommon failure. If it bothers you, send it in to get repaired (and upgraded, if you like). Or, just wait until other parts of it fail, like gages.

DmaxMaverick
05-09-2023, 17:28
On second thought, try a computer reset. Disconnect BOTH batt+ terminals at the batteries, ground one to chassis for 30 minutes, then reconnect. Free to try.

DIESEL/VETTE
05-09-2023, 21:23
It's only the t/h and over drive lockout that don't light and the t/h and over drive do not funtion.

DmaxMaverick
05-09-2023, 21:51
It's the momentary switch in the shift lever, or a harness wire has parted. I think, for the 2003, you have to replace the entire lever. You can try to "exercise" the switch (peck it quickly for several minutes), but it's usually only temporary, if it works (supposedly "cleans" the contacts). If you replace the lever, have a new lever boot handy. If original or old, it will likely disintegrate when you mess with it.

DIESEL/VETTE
05-10-2023, 07:11
Thank you. Will try that.

DIESEL/VETTE
05-10-2023, 15:08
It's the momentary switch in the shift lever, or a harness wire has parted. I think, for the 2003, you have to replace the entire lever. You can try to "exercise" the switch (peck it quickly for several minutes), but it's usually only temporary, if it works (supposedly "cleans" the contacts). If you replace the lever, have a new lever boot handy. If original or old, it will likely disintegrate when you mess with it.

DmaxMaverick THANK YOU VERY MUCH, EASY FIX, WIRE FROM LEVER WAS BROKEN IN TWO. SOLDERED A SHORT WIRE BETWEEN THE TWO BROKEN WIRES AND REROUTED SO SHIFTER DOES NOT RUB ON IT. AND EVERYTHING IS A OK.

DmaxMaverick
05-10-2023, 20:00
That's great! Sometimes, you win.