PDA

View Full Version : Cabin Filters

More Power
07-25-2023, 10:57
https://www.thedieselpageforums.com/tdpforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7218&d=1690307537

The early Duramax powered trucks came equipped with cabin filters. These were a welcome addition for anyone who likes clean air or experience allergies. Like most filters... they should be replaced every couple of years or some number of miles. The service manual indicates 15,000 miles as the recommended service interval, but in reality people usually forget or choose to defer routine maintenance. I'm in there somewhere... :confused:

In any event, I recently replaced the cabin filters in my 2001 GMC crew cab (not the first time). This is a photo of how nasty they can become when neglected... :( Note to self...

Using Amazon, just enter your trucks info for cabin filters, and let them find you the correct part - assuming your truck was so equipped.

DmaxMaverick
07-25-2023, 11:38
I think, for most 2003 or 2005 models, the filters were no longer included. However, the accommodation for them continued through all GMT-800 models. The slot and cover is there for the same filter elements, but I recall on later models, a tab needs to be cut (tab will break, and/or it will mar the slot if removal is attempted), and a screw added to secure the cover.

More Power
07-30-2023, 11:05
I think, for most 2003 or 2005 models, the filters were no longer included. However, the accommodation for them continued through all GMT-800 models. The slot and cover is there for the same filter elements, but I recall on later models, a tab needs to be cut (tab will break, and/or it will mar the slot if removal is attempted), and a screw added to secure the cover.

You're right! I seem to recall that there was some discussion about this from others when that article first appeared online. I'm not sure why GM stopped making the cabin filters standard, but it sure helps with cleaner interior air.