PDA

View Full Version : SHAKING 6.5

fordman1
02-08-2004, 10:23
MY 6.5 TURBO DIESEL IS SHAKING AT AN IDLE .IT RUNS FINE WHILE DRIVING BUT WHEN YOU STOP IT STARTS SHAKING LIKE CYLINDERS ARE MISFIRING. I CHECKED CODES AND IT SHOWED 34,,93,94,96,97,98 & THE SERVICE ENGINE SOON LITE STAYS ON EXCEPT WHEN THROTTLING.I LOOKED THE CODES UP AND IT SAYS CYLINDER MISS ON THE "9" CODES & STEPPER MOTOR FOR 34 CODE . ANY BODY HAVE A CLUE WHAT CAUSES THIS? THANKS JIM :confused:

Brandon
02-08-2004, 18:54
The stepper motor code only sets when the motor can't calibrate the pump. The key on the front of the cam is broken and the pump gear has moved. Check your oil pressure at oil since it is most likely that the lifters are running out of oil and collapsing. It might also just be the pump that is going out. If your truck is a manual trans I would check the cam key.

number two
02-09-2004, 04:46
Mine developed a bad shake and it turned out to be a broken rocker arm retainer had allowed the rocker arm to slip off the pushrod,thereby killing the clyinder. Caught it with a compression test.

fordman1
02-09-2004, 16:04
sorry guys i put my reply on another post ,it's at shaking 6.5 thanks! jim

fordman1
02-09-2004, 16:10
FUNNY THING ALSO THE THROTTLE IS REAL TOUCHY, I CAN REV THE ENGINE TO 2200 AND THE RPM'S START TO FALL BACK ,BUT I NEVER MOVE MY FOOT .IT STAYS AT 1500 LIKE IT SUPPOSE TO WITH THE THROTTLE BEARLY DEPRESSED! :confused:

ucdavis
02-09-2004, 16:20
Stepper motor on the IP (lower right front) moves a vane that rotates a ring within the IP that establishes injection timing. Post above about skipped position of drive gear for IP is one pssible explanation, though I'd expect it to give trouble in the throttle at least some as well as at idle.
Another is that the stepper motor is going out & unable to reach the full limit of its stepping (it doesn't rotate a shaft, it pushes the shaft in and out to specified locations corresponding to angles of timing). Motor is about $85 @ your friendly local Stanadyne dealer & an easy R&R. Torx screws that hold it in might be corroded in place, but can be drilled out easily.

fordman1
02-09-2004, 16:28
THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP GUY'S I'LL TRY THE STEPER MOTOR . THIS TRUCK HAS 262,000 AND I ONLY USE IT TO PULL FARM TRAILERS AND SUCH . I USUALLY DRIVE MY 99 F-450 I CAN DEPEND ON IT! JIM

Barry Nave
02-10-2004, 20:16
On my DS4 post, the more I go into all of the clening of the Elect, and there is a loatttted the less codes I get. Keep pluging.
Glean.grease and don't over look one Cont.
Then there could be a bad part