PDA

View Full Version : Dual Idler Gear Drive search

Barryl
11-04-2023, 07:53
Hello Members.
I am new to the page and am in search of a dual idler gear drive for my 1994 6.5 Turbo Diesel.
DieselPro does not make them any more and I am wondering where I can find one- New or used.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you

JohnC
11-04-2023, 16:24
Well, you just took one step. Maybe someone who has one will read your post. You could also try contacting some of the vendors in the vendor's section. There's also a classified section (https://www.thedieselpageforums.com/tdpforum/forumdisplay.php?25-TDP-Classified-ad-forum) you can post in.

Good luck!

Robyn
11-05-2023, 04:54
I just checked Kennedy diesel web site....I did not see a timing set...

Leroy Diesel.com does show this product

https://leroydiesel.com/products/timekeeper-ds4-timing-gear-set/

Barryl
11-05-2023, 11:53
Thanks for the help!

Robyn
11-05-2023, 12:27
Glad to help
Hope those guys can getcha taken care of...

Kennedy
11-06-2023, 07:58
Here is my standard email response re: Gear Drives:

The original gear drives were made for DSG by Pete Jackson in USA. Back around 2008 era Pete Jackson closed the doors for good. Since then efforts have been made to have these gears produced by other mfrs. Unfortunately the manufacturers being selected are overseas as in China or India. The quality simply is not there so DSG discontinued the line. I have seen one seller that is still marketing a gear drive, but it is so obvious to me that it is substandard overseas product that I would not touch it with a 10 foot pole. My best advice is to go with a quality chain and gears. Cloyes has always had a reputation for being good.
The original gear drives were made for DSG by Pete Jackson in USA. Back around 2008 era Pete Jackson closed the doors for good. Since then efforts have been made to have these gears produced by other mfrs. Unfortunately the manufacturers being selected are overseas as in China or India. The quality simply is not there so DSG discontinued the line. I have seen one seller that is still marketing a gear drive, but it is so obvious to me that it is substandard overseas product that I would not touch it with a 10 foot pole. My best advice is to go with a quality chain and gears. Cloyes has always had a reputation for being good.