PDA

View Full Version : big blue lemon

fordman1
09-22-2004, 14:46
Hello everyone!Got a problem my 94 3500 6.5td is bringing me to my knees.THis thing has had more problems than you have time for,but the most recient problem is ... When I start it it dies then starts back up.Run's good all day shut it off it may not start again (RUN)!just cranks & cranks, plent of fuel,oil good ,grounds good ,new inj. pump ,new fuel driver etc.....gives a pulse width code to short & to long, then gives false pedal voltage . anybody have a good answer for this or has had the same problem.sure would apprieciate some heeelp!!!!! thanks! :confused:

Hye
09-22-2004, 17:59
How far have you chased the false pedal voltage problem? Recent discussion here "Service Throttle Position Sensor Soon".
Also a suggestion to temporarily put a piece of clear tubing in the return fuel line to check for air in fuel. Look for discussion, "94 1 Ton turbo diesel won't start".

markrinker
09-22-2004, 19:26
Also if you change your name from 'Fordman' to something more respectful, your 6.5 will probably run better... smile.gif

Petrella
09-23-2004, 20:05
relax buddy!! have a sense of humor

markrinker
09-24-2004, 06:24
My apologies for offending you. It was truly meant only as a joke, not a rip! smile.gif

rjwest
09-24-2004, 07:25
I would check the Fuel Solenoid ( on The Pump ).
May be getting hot and sticking.....( My did fail
that way, finially failed completly, open coil when
checked with a OHM meter....

If you have someone turn on ign while feeling
the solenoid and also listing to it
you can usually tell if it is " sluggish "

It should " thunk " and fell it actuate..

May Also listen to Lift pump when turning on
Ign, should run for a few seconds....

fordman1
09-26-2004, 16:22
Hey guys!Sometimes we all have a bad day and with this truck giving us as much problems as it has it will get you on edge.Any way my buddy has to drive my old faithful 92 F150 6cyl 4 speed 4x4 , iget to kid him about his GMC.This truck has 287,000 miles on it and is a nice truck but with all the bugs in this electrical injection system I would like to put a manual inj. pump on it .he is about to burn this thing,where can I find some informantion about a manual inj. set up for this thing? any advice? THanks! p.s. sorry about the short wick,but I do like my FORD's

moondoggie
09-27-2004, 10:33
Good Day!

Someone did a Sub a couple years ago. Check the reprint articles & buy (at least) the one including this article.

Blessings!

Brian Johnson, #5044