PDA

View Full Version : I was sniveling about..

spongebob
03-20-2024, 15:14
what I thought was a head gasket leak on my LBZ and thoughts and getting prices on a reman engine..well today
I got under the truck with a scope, and I found a drop of antifreeze what looks like its coming from
a "plug" on the engine, it's a 3/4" plug not a bolt it is next to the oil filter adapter. any idea what this plug is ?
More importantly does it go into the cooling system....I hope.

dont think I can get a picture of this plug, my scope doesnt have the ability to take pictures....

thoughts.......

CoyleJR
03-20-2024, 16:26
Spongebob, On my 06 LBZ I had a leak that appeared to be above the oil filter. It was actually the coolant hose to the EGR cooler. I was not happy with GM when I found a standard 3" long 5/8 heater hose was stuffed in the HOT valley between the heads. I replaced the hose with a piece of CAT sylicone hose. 22 dollars for one foot at the CAT dealer. I would check that hose for a leak before tearing anything apart.
Good luck
John

spongebob
03-20-2024, 16:40
any chance you can get a picture of said hose??

spongebob
03-21-2024, 15:58
the hose leaks.....

CoyleJR
03-22-2024, 08:09
I am glad that you found the problem, now comes the fun part. That little hose is hard to replace.
Good luck
John

spongebob
03-22-2024, 11:06
yeah the clamp next to the fire wall is upside down..I'll have to break two fingers and my wrist to get to it..
thank you so much for replying on your experience with this..if this works you saved me $15,000.00

And now I get to spend $25,000 on two roofs...when does it end ???

eww I just re-read your reply, and the hose Im seeing a leak on is a "J" looking hose that goes from the EGR to the fire wall..
I'll go look for the hose you described..