PDA

View Full Version : Unable to pull obd1 codes

jerry598
03-25-2024, 09:29
It's been a long time now since my last post, like many years I think. Tried to pull codes on my 1995 6.5TD K3500 using the old paper clip method by shorting the top 2 RH pins on the dlc. Dash light will not flash anything at all. How can I check power to the obd1 dlc? Not sure which pin is the 12V. The upper Right?

arveetek
03-25-2024, 13:18
Does your "Service Engine Soon" light come on when you first turn the key to the run position? Wondering if the bulb is burned out...

I just purchased the GMTD Scan software and OBD1 to USB cable for my 1995. It's pretty sweet. I finally got my timing and TDCO set, and was able to read and clear codes. I can even manually illuminate the SES light to make sure it works.

Casey

jerry598
03-28-2024, 09:15
SES light does work, so bulb is OK. But, coincidentally, I just downloaded the basic version of the GMTD software myself. Now waiting on a cable to be delivered from a separate vendor. Hope it works! Thanks for the suggestion.

More Power
04-18-2024, 08:44
It's been a long time now since my last post, like many years I think. Tried to pull codes on my 1995 6.5TD K3500 using the old paper clip method by shorting the top 2 RH pins on the dlc. Dash light will not flash anything at all. How can I check power to the obd1 dlc? Not sure which pin is the 12V. The upper Right?

The GMTD Scan software will make this a moot point, but I'm curious what method you're using to get codes using a paperclip - i.e. key ON.