PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have pics of their trimmed bumpers for larger tires?

Big Red Suburban
09-09-2003, 13:34
I would like to see what the bumper looks like after being trimmed to clear larger tires...

fogg65td
09-11-2003, 14:26
I don't have pictures on how i trimmed my bumper and flare but it really isn't that noticable. I trimmed like from where the bumper starts to turn in, about 2 in from the bottom and foward about 2 inches. The flare i trimmed maybe an inch off and than kind of bent the fender a touch. The bumper trimming is the only thing that is visible and is not really noticable. Hopefully this helps. If i get a digital camera i can give u pics.

Big Red Suburban
09-11-2003, 16:35
How did you bend the bumper? Doesn't it have a chrome coating, which I would think would crack and start to come off?

So you just cut a triangular piece of the bumper roughly 2in forward from the rear corner and 2in up from the bottom edge?

Thanks...

fogg65td
09-12-2003, 17:33
I didn't bend the bumper, i had to slightly bend the fender but thats not noticable at all. Where i trimmed the flare the fender behind there had to be bent back slightly. You don't even notice where the fender and flare are trimmed. As for the crome bumper i haven't had peeling problems but mine is painted. It was chrome before and it is only the paint that peels from the chrome and they have been like that for over a year and 30k. Hopefully i can find someone with a digi cam and get some picks. Hope this helps.