PDA

View Full Version : Different Insturment Cluster?

BigMikeO
09-25-2004, 08:53
I have a 1995 GMC K2500 and the Temprature gauge no longer works. I have replaced the Temprature sensor and the wires check out with a meter, So I am guessing something is wrong with the gauge itself.

I have had the instrument cluster off once before and it has something simmilar to a ribbon cable that plugs in. I am wondering if I go to the Junk yard and pick up one from any chevy/GMC truck of a simmilar year will it work, or does it have to be exact?

Thanks,
Mike

Phil Holmen
09-26-2004, 07:34
I would think that you waould have to use a cluster from a 95+ c/k pickup..

CareyWeber
09-26-2004, 12:40
Originally posted by BigMikeO:
I have a 1995 GMC K2500 and the Temprature gauge no longer works. I have replaced the Temprature sensor and the wires check out with a meter, So I am guessing something is wrong with the gauge itself.

I have had the instrument cluster off once before and it has something simmilar to a ribbon cable that plugs in. I am wondering if I go to the Junk yard and pick up one from any chevy/GMC truck of a simmilar year will it work, or does it have to be exact?

Thanks,
Mike I think it would have to be from a diesel truck to get the wait to start, service throttle, and the water in fuel lights.

Another possible issue is if there are differences between the OBD I and OBD II gauges the 95's are OBD I and 96 and up are OBD II.

Carey

jdmetcalf57
09-26-2004, 15:45
I have found that if you do a parts search on car-parts.com a used part finder it will list what is compatable with the part you are looking for.

markrinker
09-27-2004, 04:07
I have one from a 1997 that I would sell for $50. It has some case damage from removal, but nothing that should affect its operation or what it looks like once installed. Let me know.