PDA

View Full Version : Holy Sweet Sounding Exhaust Batman

Dihrdbowti
10-17-2004, 00:49
I know there have been posts regarding exhausts here lately but I feel I need to post. I bought JK's 3.5 exhaust for my Yukon. I had to trim it a bit but I would rather trim than try and stretch metal. The Yukon is pretty tight underneath but it was fun putting it all together. Now for the sound... It is a very sweet sounding system. It is a low rumble and picks up a little as I get moving but it isn't too loud and I can have both windows down and still carry on a conversation. I can still hear the road and tire noise. I can hear the turbo more and it seems to spool up faster. It also will boost up to 12 now then settle at 10 instead of boost to 10 and settle at 8. EGT's about 650-700 but then again it was about 50-55 degrees out. This was driving over Mt. Rose Hwy from Reno to Tahoe and back.

ANXIOUS-SUBMAN
10-17-2004, 19:18
And which direction did you install the muffler, baffles facing forward or back?

Dihrdbowti
10-18-2004, 20:54
The muffler is actually different than the one shown on the website. It is a blocked muffler and I installed it the way it recommended. Hope this helps.

BuffaloGuy
10-21-2004, 05:49
Yeah. I love the way they sound too. In a pick-up, it's actually a little too quiet for me. Of course about about half deaf. Too much rock-n-roll, gunfire and big diesel motors I guess.
Ken

Steve O.
10-21-2004, 10:37
I just had the 4" system from SS Diesel Supply put on my '94 Sub this week. Same thing: Sounds sweet! Once I replaced the vacuum pump and actually got some boost, that turbo whine kicked in too. NOW it sounds like a truck.

Steve