PDA

View Full Version : Turbo? Noise under throttle

BrentN
09-27-2004, 07:54
Hey All,
Was towing my trailer this weekend and I am getting a intermittent rattling noise @ about 1900-2400 rpm when hill climbing or acceleratin. ( I can hear my turbo whining, and this noise seems to be related....Like a tinny rattling noise, like a vibration, it comes and goes, doesnt stay constantly)

I dont have a boost gauge yet, so I cant give you that data relating to pressure delivered by the turbo.

Any hints on what I should direct my attention to/

ttpost
09-27-2004, 12:03
i have been having a similiar problem at about the same rpms, i just did a post on it the other day.my boost doesnt seem to have a problem when it happens, someone else mentioned exhaust baffles. strangly the noise has seem to gone away. i am thinking it was something loose in my muffler :confused: . gonna change exhaust soon anyway so maybe i will find out then. if you are in the portland area you can call me @ 503 257-5106, i would like to hear your noise to see if it is the same . good luck

Hye
09-27-2004, 12:50
May have nothing to do the with turbine. When I hear intermittant rattling, I think harmonic balancer. Its easy enough to check. The four hex heads should be centered between the four spokes on the pulley.