PDA

View Full Version : Tech I Cartridge

LTD1963
10-12-2005, 11:56
Does anybody know what cartridge number is needed for a vetronix tech I scan tool? 6.5L Thanks

rameye
10-13-2005, 03:11
There is an array of numbers that'kk work for you and I dont know but one of them. This all depends on what task you want to accomplish...I'm going to assume you're interested in a powertrain cartridge.

You just need to search for a cartridge that says "GM powertrain xx-xx yrs" You may see a cartridge offered that says "mass storage cartridge xx-xx yrs" grab that when you see it! It performs all powertrain and body and brakes!

I have an ABS light right now and dont have the brake cartridge so I'm shopping also.

If you like I can post the number I have.

ram

LTD1963
10-13-2005, 06:19
Thank you very much for that information. I have been working on me Yukon for about a year now. Love the vehicle but with all the miles and the age it needs a little tlc every now and then. I have been researching what a tech tool can tell me and do as far as trouble shooting and tuneing. I am amazed at how much information could get from it. Thanks again for the info.

rameye
10-13-2005, 13:44
Yes with regularity you'll find a tech1 or a tech1a or mastertech ..these all use the same cartridges. The tech2 is an entirely different animal. I'm prowling ebay right now, there are several tech1's up for sale this week.

Anyway the nice thing about the tech1 is that the service manual constatntly refers to it. It basically goes thru the different operations step by step.....very handy having both the tech1 and the GM service manual. You can cover alot of ground.

good luck