PDA

View Full Version : Air vent switching

cudaaa
06-07-2004, 02:47
What changes the AC or heat from the floor to vent to defrost mine quit changing to day, help! its going to be hot today. Any help is appreciated. Thanks Cudaaa

BuffaloGuy
06-07-2004, 07:54
It's a pain in the neck but get on your back and look up above the fuel feed pedal at the box that routes the air to your feet. There are several little metal levers attached to two(I believe) pivot points. The pivot points are the flappers that control the direction of the air flow.

What happens is that the couplers on these stamped metal parts fall off and then the whole assembly falls off and your air flow is uncontrolled.

Go to the dealer and order a new set. They are tricky to put on. I used a little permagasket to make sure they stayed on the pivot points. Been working great ever since.

Ken

patrick m.
06-07-2004, 16:21
with the cup holder right in front of one of the vents, it is easy to splash some beverage into the vent. The spill then collects on the gasket of one of the doors and becomes very sticky over time. If this has happend, the door may just be "stuck".
The bad part is, it is very difficult to get it clean enough to not stick again without removing, and disassembly of the air box :(