PDA

View Full Version : JimP - Intercooler?

Ratau
10-12-2005, 21:24
JimP

After the topic "Using AC to cool aircharge!" nothing came up on the forum again.

http://forum.thedieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=008919

Did you do more testing on you cast aluminum housing with the evaporator inside?

Barry Nave
10-13-2005, 00:01
Did you do more testing on you cast aluminum housing with the evaporator inside?

I also would like to see more on this. There had to be much time spent just on the housing.
Down side would be cost though compaired to an air to air system. This set up looks cool though :cool: I can see how the air charge would be cool at slower speed but with out high boost theres not much heat being generated. With my simple water mist I can cool the air charge, using it only when I,m pulling hard or boost stays in the 12psi range. Normal boost stays around 8-9 psi.and no load 5-7psi.
Maybe Jim P is keeping this to him self :(
I'm sure he knows some thing by now,could it not worked out?

Jim P
10-17-2005, 16:51
Guys,

I am the one that made the intercooler with the evaporator inside the aluminum housing.

I am running with mine installed but it really is doing nothing. The evaporator is hooked to nothing. I did do a little testing with a 55 gal. drum of water in the bed. The water from the drum was pumped through the evaporator and it did seem to make the truck have more power but I didn't do any official tests on a dyno or anything. I would like to mount a radiator to cool my water but so far time just has not allowed it.

I have been side tracked and don't even read this forum much anymore. I am building an Oliver pulling tractor that will have a Hercules 478 motor like the ones used in the 6x6 army trucks. Mine will be a turbo charged diesel and should produce about 500 hp. I know a guy that is running one of these on alcohol with twin turbos and it is producing about 3,000 hp.