PDA

View Full Version : Stalling

piersbc
02-16-2004, 14:35
My 95 is having classic hot stalling problems. If I start her up after sitting for 30 mins to an hour and then accelerate hard it will die. She runs great all other times even if I accelerate hard on the highway. I checked for any codes but there was only the "no rpm 12". So my question is if I take it in to the dealership will they do the IP warranty work (111,000) or do they need codes to appear too? The lift pump is working, although I haven't checked the output pressure.

Marty Lau
02-16-2004, 15:04
You still have 9,000 miles left so take it to the dealer and have them fix codes or no codes. At very least you will have the stalling history documented for later.

ucdavis
02-17-2004, 17:04
Sort of synopsizing for those who've gotten warranty IP change-outs:
Codes 35/36 seal the deal for a new IP if all else checks out; same w/17 or 18 except that for those there are exhaustive fuel quality checks & some get told they have to drop tank & pay for it to be cleaned of metal debris or some such.
No codes, but drivability trouble while in the stealers hands gets a new FSD or IP (I think now they try the FSD & if it doesn't work they do the whole pump; then they do something else if that didn't do it, but they don't tell GM or they don't get paid for the warranty work).
No codes and no drivability trouble replicatable by the stealer gets you your truck back w/a lotta stupid excuses and no repair done. "Bring it back when we can reproduce the (random) trouble."
Anybody else w/real experience?