PDA

View Full Version : Boost Control Circuit?

DA BIG ONE
10-14-2005, 02:07
I have a 1999 2500 burb, anyone know which pins a the ECM blue plug go to the boost control circuit "solenoid"? I'm installing a 10 watt 50 ohm resister at the ecm to bypass harness and solenoid, to shut down SES light relating to boost control circuit problem.

Someone suggested D-13 then for switched power D-14, just want to confirm these pins so I don't cause more problems.

More Power
10-17-2005, 17:07
I'd do it at the solenoid, Pink - yellow wires.

The ECM connections are D14-C3, for the "Wastegate Solenoid Control", but you'll need a 12V hot in RUN & Start source as well, with the resistor in between.

Jim

DA BIG ONE
10-17-2005, 22:56
Originally posted by More Power:
I'd do it at the solenoid, Pink - yellow wires.

The ECM connections are D14-C3, for the "Wastegate Solenoid Control", but you'll need a 12V hot in RUN & Start source as well, with the resistor in between.

Jim Thanks!

I did it at the solenoid works fine, and did find broken wires there. No SES light but code stays is this ok?

[ 10-18-2005, 05:06 AM: Message edited by: DA BIG ONE ]

More Power
10-18-2005, 09:47
What's the code? Does it return after clearing?

Jim

DA BIG ONE
10-18-2005, 10:09
Originally posted by More Power:
What's the code? Does it return after clearing?

Jim 1656, yes it returns.

I'm thinking I need to connect it at the blue plug on the ecm.

Barry Nave
10-19-2005, 01:41
Mines doing the same,code 78
Ses comes and goes. Now and then I'll check though its only 78. Think I'll try the 10k 50ohm. Are the connection just wired between-end to end of the restior?

DA BIG ONE
10-19-2005, 03:50
Originally posted by Bnave95:
Mines doing the same,code 78
Ses comes and goes. Now and then I'll check though its only 78. Think I'll try the 10k 50ohm. Are the connection just wired between-end to end of the restior? Yes, it goes to the 2 wire harness of turbo solenoid.

I'm thinking my harness is broken in more than one place.

MTTwister
10-19-2005, 09:45
Hey "DA.." - How does this differ from the Boost Fooler? Just curious.. Thanks

DA BIG ONE
10-19-2005, 11:10
Originally posted by MTTwister:
Hey "DA.." - How does this differ from the Boost Fooler? Just curious.. Thanks This allows the ecm to see a certain value always, I don't know what the boost fooler does.

Barry Nave
10-20-2005, 01:47
This allows the ecm to see a certain value always

I have JK boost fooler still installed thinking this might take care of the higher boost though my problem is the SES will sitll come on while running a steady 8psi boost at 70 mph. When installing the 10k-50ohm,did you remove the solenoid?
When trying to figure out whay my boost would not work,I went through the wires from ECM to solenoid and all checked out good. Both wires had contenity(sp) :rolleyes:
Short of R&R the ECM/PCM,I gave up :mad:
Another thought,I did not replace the map on the intake. May this was the problem :confused: Got tired of throwing part at it. Been through couple of solenoid,one pump and vaccum lines. :eek:

DA BIG ONE
10-20-2005, 06:17
This allows the ecm to see a certain value always

I have JK boost fooler still installed thinking this might take care of the higher boost though my problem is the SES will sitll come on while running a steady 8psi boost at 70 mph. When installing the 10k-50ohm,did you remove the solenoid?
When trying to figure out whay my boost would not work,I went through the wires from ECM to solenoid and all checked out good. Both wires had contenity(sp) :rolleyes:
Short of R&R the ECM/PCM,I gave up :mad:
Another thought,I did not replace the map on the intake. May this was the problem :confused: Got tired of throwing part at it. Been through couple of solenoid,one pump and vaccum lines. :eek: When I get time I'll go right to the ecm and wire it there.

I too got tired of replacing parts too even at dealership only for it to work for a short time then back to not working. This why I got the turbomaster.

Barry Nave
10-20-2005, 12:21
Went to Radio Shack, found a 50-Ohm wirewound resistor that is 10 watt. Did not see a 50ohm 10k resistor.
Is there a difference?

DA BIG ONE
10-20-2005, 13:20
Went to Radio Shack, found a 50-Ohm wirewound resistor that is 10 watt. Did not see a 50ohm 10k resistor.
Is there a difference? 50 ohm 10 watt is the correct value.