PDA

View Full Version : Moved the fsd now I get code 17

Techwest
06-09-2004, 20:38
I had been getting code 35 and 36 associated with intermitent stalling...so I made a heat sink and mounted the Fuel Solenoid Driver off the intake manifold. (I managed to remove the FSD without removing anything but the plastic TURBO POWER cover). I have done most of the associated pre replacement checks( clean grounds , new fuel filter etc). I have yet to check the oil presure switch as I am still unsure of the where and how.

Techwest
06-09-2004, 20:52
Sorry to stick this into 2 post( I'm a newbie)
what I had also wanted to mention is that the problem has migrated after the FSD move from intermitent stalling, to being hard to start/ lacking power/ 1 code 18(pumpcam reference) and now code 17( High resolution cct and the SES light stays on). My guess is that this is pointing to the pump cam reference sensor in the IP... but having the problem migrate... that seems like classic Faulty wiring. I would like to try running without the optical sensor to see if it makes any difference. Can I do this without damaging any thing? and how can I check the functionality of the sensor?