PDA

View Full Version : Ebay truck fixed. Well, sort of....

Randee of the Redwoods
09-09-2003, 16:49
Had to make an emergency run down to Richmond from Alexandria today. Saw the usual dancing SES light due to the bad turbo solonoid. While I was down there, I hit a GM dealer that was in the area i was in. They had the turbo solonoid I needed. Woohoo! 100 mile return drive and no SES light. So comforting...
I am keeping the original box for the solonoid(that I changed in the dealer parking lot) so I will always have the proper GM part number. Cost $37. Can't say there's a difference it driving feel since it never malfunctioned unless I was at high speed on open road. One difference I think I felt was the truck actually accelerated, with cruise and a/c on, going up a sight grade. Usually, along with the SES light, it would bog a little, show the light, and the motor would seem to rev a bit high just to maintain speed. It felt much stronger today. but it could also have just been my truck showing off since it was me eyeing a beautiful blue Dmax dually earlier.
FYI-the turbo solonoid GM part name is "turbo wastegate control valve solonoid regulator". I'm not joking. That's exactly what the parts guy read off the computer screen.
Next up-door hinges.