PDA

View Full Version : Praise for Lund Intl.....

Dvldog 8793
10-20-2005, 12:02
Howdy
Just a note of PRAISE for a company that deserves it. I have Lund Intl Vent Visors on my truck. These are the tinted plastic things that stick onto your door above your window to enable you to have the windows cracked while raining. And I think they look cool tongue.gif . These things would also fall into the class of item that carwashes consider an "aftermarket non-factory item". One of the four visors on my truck was destroyed in a carwash. I emailed the company asking if could purchase just one visor and not have to buy the whole set. I also honestly explained what happened to the broken one. They said they would send me out a set FREE of charge. 3 days later I got 2 packages, one in the morning that was for a regular cab truck and one in the afternoon for my crewcab. I called them up and they said they had a shipping error and to keep everything.
Sometimes a company does things right :D , I like to tell people when it happens! :D
L8r
Conley

Barry Nave
10-21-2005, 01:09
Now if I can just get the 3M tape to last :D
I may be able to keep them on the truck ;)
I also would not drive with out them :cool:

Dvldog 8793
10-21-2005, 03:11
I've never had aproblem with getting the tape to last. Cleaning is the secret, I use glass cleaner on the door before applying to tape/visor
L8r
Conley

Barry Nave
10-22-2005, 03:36
I've never had aproblem with getting the tape to last. Cleaning is the secret, I use glass cleaner on the door before applying to tape/visor

Wait 6yrs :D
I have sence replaced the tape(before I loose any more visor) with epoxy ;)

tom.mcinerney
10-22-2005, 14:08
Those visors are the greatest , allow ventilation at all times . Mine came with used truck ... one of them is progressively comming loose!

Dvldog 8793
10-22-2005, 17:03
Howdy
Replacing the tape is easy. I've done it on both my '89 (had them on for 6yrs) and my '99(4yrs). I just buy the same 3M tape and use a heat gun to clean off the old stuff and then trim the new to the proper conture. I don't know that I would use an epoxy as some of that can be difficult to remove if the visor was damaged. I think both times I had to replace the tape was due to me removing the visor for some reason. I know that when I've removed them it was always difficult to take off. Even the one that the car-wash destroyed still had the part with the tape stuck to the truck!
L8r
Conley