PDA

View Full Version : Injector part numbers, and a small snag in my plan

JeepSJ
02-20-2004, 00:52
My engine came in today. I was checking the numbers on everything to make sure I got what I ordered. I found a number on the injectors -

0 430 211 097 followed by a 972 in a much larger font.

I searched for the 0430211097 part number and it came back as a nozzle holder. Do I have to pull an injector to get the part number?

As for the snag, I just got a response from the WA Dept of Ecology about converting to a diesel. Their response was that if a diesel was not a factory option, then a diesel engine cannot be installed in the vehicle. He also sent a section of the state code where it discusses emission control devices to back uo what he said. But, the section of law that he sent says absolutely nothing about different fuels - it just talks about keeping emission controls intact. Well, if that does not work out I may just have to find some unsuspecting high mileage gas truck or Suburban and give it a real engine.

Peter J. Bierman
02-20-2004, 14:23
The number you wrote is the holder, in order to know what nozzle you have, you have to take the injector appart, the nozzle has it's own number.

Peter

JeepSJ
02-21-2004, 00:18
Thanks. Is there anything special that I need to know about pulling an injector and disassembling it?

Peter J. Bierman
02-22-2004, 09:14
Work VERY clean and don't bent injection lines.
Clean all injectorparts with clean diesel fuel before reasembling and put in a new heatshield in under the nozzle.

Peter

Kidd
02-22-2004, 18:05
My service manual states DO NOT disassemble an injector. My brother is a heavy duty diesel tech, and he says the same, send it to a diesel injector shop. Unless, of course, you don't care if it works again. :D
K.D.

Peter J. Bierman
02-23-2004, 13:59
Service manual also states do not put in any power mods or other non oem equipment :D

As long as you put it back together the way it was and work ultra clean, you be allright.
you can allways have it tested to be sure.

Peter

PS. I am a heavy diesel / construction equipment machanic too ;)

Jim P
02-23-2004, 14:33
I took one of my high pop injectors apart to check the nozzle number. I then put it back together and had it pop tested by a local guy who works on diesel tractor injectors and pumps. The one I took apart popped the same as the rest of them.