PDA

View Full Version : new gauge option

Dvldog 8793
10-20-2005, 12:07
Howdy
I just installed a Scangauge from www.scangauge.com (http://www.scangauge.com) This display/tool plugs into the OBDII connector and uses that data for a menu driven digital display of four different user selectable items. It also acts a MPG/trip computer and a standard scantool capable of reading and clearing codes. Some of the options aren't compatible with Diesels but for the most part it seems like a GREAT tool. The price is right also, about $130.
Just thought I'd share the info....
L8r
Conley

DennisG01
10-20-2005, 14:44
That may be just what I've been looking for! Is the MPG "instantaneous" - I mean does it show your MPG instantly such as when you put your foot down, the MPG drops too? What did you find that was not compatible? Where did you mount it?
Thanks for telling us about this!!!!!! smile.gif

MJEasly
10-20-2005, 15:52
Why couldn't they develop something larger, say about the size of an old Palm Zire m150 with a color screen? A screen that the user can customize by using design software on their computer. Upload the design to the device and go.

Dvldog 8793
10-20-2005, 19:07
Howdy
It does have real-time MPG. However it has to be calibrated for a few tanks of fuel. I'm not sure if this is a continual learning curve or what. By my estimation it seems to be a good tool, not a scientific instrument. It did tell me that the gauges in my dash are off(already knew this, but it confirmed) Mounting can be done anywhere as it is a fairly selfcontained unit. If a person wanted more a computer type interface then I would suggest Autoenginuity's Scantool for a Palmpilot. I think Bang-Buck the Scangauge is a real winner. Very portable also and can be used in any OBDII vehicle. Switching vehicles does screw up the MPG calibration.
L8r
Conley