PDA

View Full Version : 1994 Chevrolet 4 X 4

pstrother
02-24-2004, 07:59
I am looking at a 1994 Chevy 4 X 4 with 8,500 miles on reman engine and 11,000 miles on overhauled tranny, over-all 220,000 miles. This is a vague question, but does anyone have any comments on this year model truck, good or bad :D .

Marty Lau
02-24-2004, 08:15
I would check to see it the have a dual theromostat housing if so the cooling upgrade may have been done. Also a couple of "nice" things about '94 & 95's is that you can check trouble codes with a paper clip no reader neaded and easy to clear codes. They are easy to add a power chip to for about $300. Check and see if it has the factory scrunched down pipe. Is it a 1500 or light duty 2500? thats either a 56 or 65 engine 56 has a EGR. Just a couple of nice to know things.

The year is okay but I would want to find out more about the "reman" engine. Also is the Injection Pump a "green" lable electronic or did they go to the manual pump? Why did the guy just put a pile of bucks in the truck and now selling it? I would think if I just put $5,000+ bucks in a truck I would be apt to keep it a few years.

C.K. Piquup
02-24-2004, 14:54
One explaination for selling after dumping $ into it could be frustration due to widespead ignorance of the electronic fuel delivery system.If that`s yhe case,let it be your benefit.How`s it priced,fairly low considering recent work and overall condition?That would be one clue.I`ve seen this before.Check out posts concerning EFI(`94-up).Including FSD,Boost solenoid,and DS4 injector pump.It is a largely misunderstood system in the service world(incl.GM dealers)and is often misdiagnosed.You can learn to understand it here.