PDA

View Full Version : Underhood Temps

Clark's diesel
10-25-2005, 13:33
Just curious if anyone has tried using an aftermarket hood to relieve some of the underhood temps we see on our trucks. I have also noticed a few ram air or air induction hoods and wonder if they would be beneficial at all. More air + more fuel = more power right? Well to a point at least. (www.carhoods.com) Some look pretty cool, but I'm more interested in if and how well they actually work.

[ 10-25-2005, 04:33 PM: Message edited by: Turbo Powered ]

a5150nut
10-25-2005, 18:28
I had the same thought. even concidered using cowel induction and mounting an intercooler on top to shorten the runner length.

Take a look at TechHoods.com

ogrice
10-27-2005, 10:54
What I've done is ceramic coat the exh manifolds and the turbo exh housing. Lowered under hood temps around 60*f maybe more. Cowl induction hood is something that i'm going to upgrade to sometime in the future.

john8662
10-27-2005, 11:03
I highly recommend the cowl induction hood.

I installed one on my Burb and it DID make a difference in under hood temps.

During the 100*F days in TX I couldn't even hold my hand on the batteries on a hot day w/o burning my fingers. After installing the hood I instantly noticed a difference in the temperature of the underhood components.

By the way, I've NEVER had a PMD failure, and it's still on the pump and will remain so...