-DSG Diesel Services in Saskatoon
2) Were you happy with the parts and service
-Yes, so far
3) If you bought out of the states
-other stuff, but not 6.5 parts
3a) Where did you buy from
3b) Were you happy with what you got
3b) If you had to return anything was there a hassel
-make sure its labelled "Return for Warranty Service", and declare value as zero.
-returns are easier if you purchase in Canada
4) If you bought out of the states, what is it like getting it delivered
-I get my stuff delivered to a mail service in Blaine Washington, then drive over the border, pick it up, and bring it home...gets declared and i pay tax if necessary, but no brokerage fees
-try Hagens
4a) What duties ect do we have to pay
-none if made in USA, but some stuff is mfg'd in China, and there is a duty..once you know where its mfg'd, call canada customs and they'll tell you the rate
-you do have to pay GST if the customs agent asks you to, sometimes they don't bother for small amounts
4b) What is the best way to have it shipped
-US Post is lowest cost...UPS will charge very high brokerage fees

wayne zylik
03-04-2004, 06:30
I have purchased parts from DSG:FSD Cooler,HI Idle Kit no problems they are great to deal with purchased boost controller from Heath Diesel one of the best companies I have dealt with in the US.also ordered new fuel injectors from the US as there price was about 150.00 dollars cheaper than the best price here this includes shipping and GST

d.h.
03-04-2004, 19:55
Beedee I purchased all my mods through Diesel auto serices in Port Moody.I installed everything myself.I took took over to get injectors installed as I thought this would be easier. They were quite friendly to deal with and had everything delivered to my doorstep. I believe its BD Preformance.com(I don,t know how to highlight it)I live on the island also and found it convinient more than anything to deal local.I have had everything on for 2 years and am still amazed at the differance in pulling.Hope this helps

gwaidman
03-04-2004, 21:02
Beedee, Steve-r is on the money here. For what its worth I have had stuff from US companies shipped to my door with good results. If you opt to go and get it, the worst problem you will have is dealing with Canada Customs if they feel like jerking you around. Stand your ground with these turkeys and like Steve-r said, if its made in the US, no duty is too be paid, dont let them try to pull a fast one on you, because some of them will try it. For the most part its hassle free. Also, Bill Heath is very good too deal with. Give him a call, you will be satisfied.
:D

Beedee
03-05-2004, 01:26
Thanks for the info guys.
Anyone else have and opinion??????