PDA

View Full Version : will turbo fit on factory manifold

catmandoo
09-11-2003, 09:21
i have an 84 1/2 ton with banks and want to put it on my 92 which now has a 6.5 my question is will the banks turbo fit on the factory turbo ex manifold and if so is there anything that will give me trouble.i don't feel like spending 400+ dollars for a banks manifold when i can get the factory unit for like 175.00.

whatnot
09-11-2003, 14:36
Why would you want to use a Banks turbo?
It will bolt right on but you will have a problem with the downpipe. They turbo will sit a couple inches higher than it would on a Banks manifold so the Banks downpipe won't work either.
If you had one custom bent, it would be very hard to make it fit. The Banks pipe is a very tight fit with the lower turbo position.
You probably won't want to go with the Banks manifold either since it is $400 and the donpipe is almost $200 more.

The best way might be to try getting a 90

britannic
09-11-2003, 16:37
If you have the 6.5L in place of an original 6.2L, simply install the Bank's manifold and everything will bolt up.

For the 6.5LTD manifold the turbo will bolt up, but will need a customized downpipe as already stated. However, you may want to consider selling that Bank's non-wastegated turbo and considering the TE06H that I installed, it has many desirable performance benefits, as well as v-band outlet. Check out the link in my signature below.