PDA

View Full Version : AC Problem

taznj63
06-01-2005, 16:48
Recently my AC controller has the "AC" blinking on the display when I push my AC button. The compressor does not engage and the system is charged. I checked the compressor clutch for resistance and it measures about 3 ohms. Also the low pressure switch checks ok.
Any thoughts???
Thanks

charliepeterson
06-01-2005, 18:20
At the low pressure switch look for 12 volts with the A/C calling for cold. If one circuit has the correct voltage then take a small cotter pin and jump out the two pins in the plug.
If the compressor clutch kicks in and the accumulator tank starts to get cold than you confirmed the low pressure cut out switch is no good.
If the tank doesn't get cold than the switch is good and the system has a big leak somewhere.
You could have other issues but this is the easiest and quickest check. I always look for oil stains on any of the A/C components including the under side of the service valve caps. Oil leaks are not good.

Govt issue
06-02-2005, 06:22
Take out the controler and look at the board they are bad to burn. I don't remember any flashing lights on those manual style controlers. As far as I know the computer will not flash a warning threw it. So your problem may be in there. Maybe someone else can give you a better Idea.

taznj63
06-08-2005, 07:22
I removed control unit from dash and checked for any burn marks or blown components. I have 18 years as Electrician and electronics tech (so do not take unit apart unless you know what to do and check for because you can make things worse. What I found was a bad connection between the harness connector and the control unit. Cleaned conn's and reassembled unit and dash...
WORKS LIKE NEW!!! :D
Thanks to all...