PDA

View Full Version : 6.5 performance

gilbertmonchat
06-05-2005, 19:07
maybe somebody can help me,
you know i have a suburban 1995, i put a lot of time and money on it, i read many article on the 6.5 turbodiesel like here (the diesel page)and i make some modification after many conversation,... HEATH CHIP performance, HEATH turbo boost controller, 4inch exhaust system,3.5 inch downpipe, SSdieselsupply performance air filter, FSD cooler home made, but i expect more performances than i have now, here on the diesel page i read something from ROGER STORY http://www.thedieselpage.com/reviews/rogerstory.htm about Max-E-Tork PCM & Turbo-Master, ...on the graphic we can see 0-60mph 10.782 ????!!!!!#####***** with all my modification i can do 0-60mph only 13.5 sec , like the totally stock,....what i can do more??? i not ready to say like some of my freinds, the 6.5 turbo diesel was not a good engine!!!

GMC Hauler
06-05-2005, 19:27
What rear end gear are you running in the back??? I am running a 4.10, so my 0-60 time would look real good compared to a 3.23 gear. This could make all the difference between the two vehicles.

Also, are you seeing any black smoke on your runs? I changed my chip, but didn't adjust the boost, and I saw almost no increase in performance but lots of black smoke. It wasn't until I raised the boost that I saw the performance gain. If you are seeing more than just a puff off the line, you need to raise your boost.

Do you have gages???

gilbertmonchat
06-05-2005, 19:50
hello GMC HAULER... it's 3.42, give me your performance with your modification ex. 0-60mph in ???sec.

gilbertmonchat
06-05-2005, 19:53
sorry i repply to fast, yes i have a boost gauge and run at 10 or 12 psi at 2500rpm

GMC Hauler
06-05-2005, 20:09
The article you read was my article. Those were my numbers. I think the difference in the gearing will account for most of the difference between our vehicles.

Are you running different than factory sized tires?

You must remember, your 3.42 gear is intended for light towing. My 4.10 gear is intended for heavy towing. Where I make up for on 0-60 foot times, you make out in gas mileage. I wish I could get the mileage you can get, but my heavy trailer precludes that.

Diesel engines arent really intended for speed racing. The point of the article is to show the difference between the stock and modified vehicle, and what the product is capable of doing. If you want to race, you've got to go gas. Is you want fuel ecomony, towing capacity and long life, diesel is the way.

[ 06-05-2005, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: GMC Hauler ]

gilbertmonchat
06-05-2005, 20:23
same size of tire, timing -1.58, axel 3.42, suburban 7000pounds, and FSD resistor #6

gilbertmonchat
06-05-2005, 20:30
not for race , sure not, but maybe i expect the same performance than a stock DURAMAX,

moondoggie
06-06-2005, 07:59
Good Day!

Search ronniejoe's posts & topics (he's member # 8721). Awhile ago, he posted his dyno runs on John Kennedy's Lie Detector (Superflow chassis dyno). Don't quote me, but I think his 95 Sub was making torque similar to the 00-04 DMax from 2000 - 2600 rpm, right where towing takes place. I'm SURE his new motor will do even better, although lots of things are slowing his progress in getting it built.

Blessings!

Marty Lau
06-06-2005, 08:11
Gilbert;

I have 3:42 axel ratio too that I put in most of my towing is in the 5,000 lb range so it works well for me. I don't know how my performance is compared to other simular modified trucks with other ratio's. I do know it's much better than stock and I am happy with it. If I want a lot more performance I'd bit the bullet and pick up a used DuraBux, but the 6.5 is been paid for since 1996 so I keep running the old girl, besides I trying for 300,000 miles with no major problems.