PDA

View Full Version : P0251 at 0 RPM?

Am General
10-31-2005, 14:53
My truck recently had a stalling issue which has been solved for about a week now with a new remote mounted PMD. Today I got in my truck and had a check engine light so I plugged in my MT2500 and read this code, along with 1216 twice. Both 1216s happened while truck was in motion, but the 0251 happened at zero RPM and at Zero MPH. How is that possible? In order for it to miss 8 consecutive cam references, shouldn't the truck be running? Strangely enough I was on my way to the gas station to fill up and add Stanadyne perf. formula for the first time. I cleared the code, filled the truck and drove for like 20 minutes with no more light. Truck was noisy with the code set. Is it because it's on "backup fuel"? With the code gone and the additive, my truck runs great! No more stalling and seemingly better accelleration and quieter, smoother running in general. Glad I did it. I don't really want to replace the pump. My truck only has 47k on it. The GM extended IP warranty does not apply to me in the H1 either. Or at least that's what I've been told. Anyone with any clue on that code being set like that?

jan5
10-31-2005, 15:26
Had similar occurance 99 suburban. was timing issue my tdc offset was out of wack just outside of the parameters of the ecm I think 2.48. the ecm would try and do a learn and would run good but then truck would go into a fit after a hot start. that code would set as soon as you hit the key until I moved the pump.There is alot more to this story but I know that the code would set without even cranking.

Am General
10-31-2005, 16:25
Hmm. Ok. Maybe that leads me somewhere. When I did my PMD, I used a 9 resistor. Maybe the one that is still on the pump is different, and the TDC needs to be learned. I read that the PCM must do a TDC offset learn to recognize the new resistor. Maybe if you don't do a learn it sets the code?