PDA

View Full Version : Intake Air Heater

Phil Holmen
09-11-2003, 19:14
I am looking to put an intake air heater in my truck for the winter. Does anyone know of a brand and part number or even a suppllier for such a thing. I know that Tanker has one installed but I don't know the brand and such. My parts guy said he could probably get if I could get him some numbers or supplier. Thanks...

AJ650
09-12-2003, 00:18
Pull air clean away from the snorkle so it draws air from inside the engine compartment. Should warm things up a little bit.

slagona
09-12-2003, 07:59
The intake air heater is meant to help with COLD starts, so drawing air from the engine compartment won't help in this situation. The intake air heaters usually connect to the glow plug controller so they are only energized when the glow plugs are.

Peninsular Diesel may be able to help you with an intake air heater. They had these available in '97 (or were doing some work with them back then). I think MP also has (or had) a Peninsular air intake heater on one of his rigs. Give Peninsular a call and see what they have. They were originally developed for the fishing boats that run the in cold weather - so they still should have something.